Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Green Burial, re-cut



This video is an extended cut of my AP video report on "green" burials. I've written about this project before here. 

To summarize, I followed an Oregon man as he chose his burial spot in a private nature reserve.

Steve Sall was an avid outdoorsman before he was stricken with Lou Gehrig's disease. He chose a "green" burial. These burials are a small but growing industry. With these burials, people chose to be laid to rest in the most natural way possible - no concrete, vaulted coffins or chemicals. Just the body and the earth.

I followed Steve when he picked his burial spot.  Three months later, he died.

In this cut, I expanded the video to about six minutes. It shows more of Steve as he picked his spot.



The Green Burial of Steve Sall from Manuel Valdes on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment